Second Presbyterian Church of Oxford, PA
Second Presbyterian Church
The Second Presbyterian Church was organized by Presbytery in September 1874, with nine members, following a petition submitted by a group of Lincoln University faculty wives to consider an African American congregation in Oxford. The cornerstone was laid four years later in 1881. Since the last full-time minister, Reverend Arthur Honore, resigned in 1965, stated pulpit supplies secured by Session and moderators appointed by Presbytery have served us well. The members here continue to hold fast to (our) dreams. We realize that even in our dreams, God goes before us and is our source of vision for the future.
Pastor Committees Notices Services and Times Contact Us